Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
Lore, Reference, and Guides

The Army of the Riddermark

Rohan is divided into three areas, or wards, for the purposes of military organization. These are Edoras, the East-mark, and the West-mark. Their boundary is the Snowbourn River to its junction with Entwash, and from there north along the Entwash....
Member avatar small ramz711 2y
ramz7110132Member avatar small ramz711 2y

Basic Rohirric Naming Conventions

To Rohirrim, names are everything. Be it the name of your sword (Eomer's was called Guthwine, or "battle-friend"), your steed (Hasufel and Arods' names meant "dark skinned" and "swift", respectively) or your home (Theoden's seat in Rohan is called...
ramz711061Member avatar small ramz711 2y

Quick-Leveling Guide

[Note: this guide is from the old kinsite, and as such reflects the pre-update versions of the North Downs and the Trollshaws, both of which are much more streamlined and better put-together now.]Hello folks! As we have a number of members keen on...
ramz711048Member avatar small ramz711 2y

An Overview of the Riddermark

HistoryDescent from the NorthmenIn the 1200s of the Third Age, the Kings of Gondor made alliances with the Northmen of Rhovanion, a people thought to be distantly descended from the Edain; those peoples of Men who crossed into Beleriand in the Fir...
ramz711039Member avatar small ramz711 2y

Warsteed: Horse Information every Horse Master should know.

Charger. Flank. Garron. Dock. Palfry. Hoof, Courser.All of these words belong to horses, and have been used and known widely throughout the world. These have been used not only in the real world for hundreds of years, but are also known to be scat...
ramz711043Member avatar small ramz711 2y

Basic Tactical Formations

A tactical formation is the arrangement or deployment of an organized Eored or smaller unit there of. A Eored is most effective in battle when it is in formation, with officers in the correct places and able to carry out orders and tasks affective...
ramz711037Member avatar small ramz711 2y

Quick Guide to Rohirric

Originally posted by Leolah on the old forums:I've pulled a bunch of resources from the web and put them here for a quick introduction to using the Rohirric tongue. Tolkien's inspiration for the Rohirrim was Anglo Saxon and Sindarin languages. For...
ramz711070Member avatar small ramz711 2y

Military Structure of the Riddermark

Originally posted by Zaul on the old forumsMany of you have asked or are confused about the rankings int he Rohirrim and what they mean. Here I will post information I have found with some of my own thoughts and some references as well. If anyone ...
ramz711066Member avatar small ramz711 2y
Page 1